Thursday, April 23, 2009

the bedroom loft

I just though I'd post Michelle's pictures of how the bedroom loft is coming along!




Carpeted. Smart!


Yep, it's taller than it looks.


Cleaning out the ducts. Ugh. The ducts run the length of the space and we're all afraid to open them up and find 20 years of filth, but that's probably the way it's going to go. As soon as i can get my hands on a tall enough ladder, I'm going to get going on that. Yuck.


Testing the depth of the wall to see if recessed shelving will work.

Michelle and Jeremiah credit their friend Alex as being the mastermind of the project. It took the three of them one night to do the whole thing! The closet's going underneath.

All this business about recessed surfacing and maximizing of space has given me flashbacks to the Beatles movie "Help," which I watched every single day from 1996 to 1999. I was enchanted by their house, which I think was supposed to be an example of modern decor highly stylized to the point of comedy. But aside from the spy attempting to bite off Ringo's finger, it was a dream house to me. I'll see if Brad has any opinions about scrapping the basement bedroom and living in a hole in the gallery floor instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment